CBA's Primary Core Service Profile
The Consortium of Bengali Associations has continued to deliver a range of primary core services. These have continued to focus on developing and strengthening the infrastructure of the Bengali voluntary groups so that they are able to provide a quality and value for money service. The primary services were provided in the following areas:
- Tailored Capacity Building Training Courses designed for people who act as trustees, volunteers or staff.
- Specialist Consultancy Support on fund raising, policies, procedures, quality assurance models, charity registration.
- Advice and Information on Project Development, Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Business Planning.
- Outreach Support
- Dissemination of information through mailing, personal contact, outreach work, use of e-technology.
- Collaborative support with statutory and other public and private agencies
- Mediatory Support, promotion of better representation and of democratic processes in the voluntary sector.
Information & Practical Services
During the year, CBA handled hundreds of requests for information. These can range from the simple provision of contact details through to more complex issues requiring detailed work. The sorts of issues dealt with included:
- Constitutional and Governance Matters
- Contact information on local Bengali and other mainstream agencies (Statutory and Non - Statutory).
- Supporting Groups to achieve Charitable Status
- Accreditation E.g. Legal Services Commission's Quality Mark
- Recruitment and Selection Assistance
- Training Workshop
- Policies Work
- Fund - raising support
- Administrative Support
- Meeting room facilities